Monday, March 10, 2014

Jacky Giordano & Various TIM 6-Timing N.6-Timing 197? THE BEST TIMING?

So if you do a popsike search for the Timing label, you'll see that the most sought after Timings are No.1 & No.3.  Time and time again I see those 2 go for ridiculous money, now while the other timings don't go for cheap they are nothing compared to those 2.  This is crazy!  Now I'll give you that Timing N.1 is goddamn essential, Timing N.6 blows Tim N.3 out of the water.  Not only are the 2 Jacky Giordano jams better than the 2 Tim 3 ones but I would take the Kaufman & Jerome songs over Yan Treggers offerings any day.  I do absolutely love Yan Tregger but just a little dissapointed with his TIM 3 jams.
  Now let's get to this library record.  I always keep coming back to this one cause it is just so so good!  The first 15 songs are short clips by a mysterious Yves Boringes, but when I hear a song like "Skratch" I have to think Jacky Giordano.  Discogs only credits Yves Boringes to this one album, so either he made this one offering or it's Jacky Giordano in disguise.  Then we get 2 songs by Christian Sarrel that are very nice slow groove and Bossa tracks with some wordless vocals.  Jacky is up next with a couple essentials.  The middle of "Plink" is just so creative and unique, deep deep groove.  "La Gigue Bleau" is just amazing, he has the coolest afro jazz sound their is.  Then when you think you've heard the best this record has to offer Kaufman & Jerome just destroy your brain for the next 20 min of you're life! You might remember them from their amazing Chappell CHA offering, "Screen And Pleasure"  Unlike most library music they make songs, not just parts.  These songs will take you on a journey, very cosmic and stoney.  My 2 Fav's though are the last 2 songs, "Linda" & "Zoroastre", I could just listen to these over and over.  Just amazing chord changes, epic and triumphant!  When that beat kicks back in on "Zoroastre" What!!
So please enjoy one of the finest french library's ever created and if you see it, buy it, cause you do not see this one every day.  From my personal collection ripped @320K! GET IT HERE!






11 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Chris for this rip. It means a wonderful 320 upgrade for me.
    My pics here are definitely the Jacky Giordano's ones "Plink" and "La Gigue Bleue"

    Do you have any idea where to find TIM 8 and TIM 16? They're pretty elusive.
    Also, do you know if a TIM 15 exists?

    Thanks again.

    G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't own those records, but those are more part of the de wolfe label at that point I believe and the direction is different but I'm sure the'll pop up sometime as they aren't very expensive or anything.

      Delete
  2. Another beauty of a share, great sounding too, just like all the rest, many thanks for sharing these with us.

    VR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog Chris, thanks so much !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, thank you! Once again you pull off a share nobody has before -- and it's great to hear more Johanna Group on Side B, an appetizer for Timing No. 7!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem, Yeah Tim 07 is the last one that truly blows me away.

      Delete
  5. yet another first for me
    great timing Chris
    thanx again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Chris!! Thanks so much!! Do you happen to have any more Timing recordings?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you be able to re-up this one please? I'm really interested in hearing this

    ReplyDelete