Friday, November 8, 2013

Peter Thomas "Sound Music Album 4" Golden Ring 1973 Rip @320K


  One of my favourite Peter Thomas records, this is where I think he just really decided to do whatever he wanted, a definite bridge from 1,2,3 to 5 and 6.   It might be my favourite unlistenable record to listen to, ha ha.  The music is still jazz band based, instead of fuzz and synth (Sound Music 5 & 6) but the structures are so disorienting and fresh.  When me and my friends were jamming this for the first time, one guy said, this is the best shit I've heard, while someone else said, he couldn't stand it.  So I guess it's a love it or hate it record, regardless it's definitely worth your time.  Enjoy from my personal collection rip@320K and please don't forget to leave a comment.  Thanks, Chris Tillotson     Update:First rip had "Schizostrings" cut off, the link has been updated with full version of schizostrings, sorry for my mistake  11/15/2013       GET IT HERE!




15 comments:

  1. Thank you Chris, another two upgrades..
    which is perfect cuase these are wonderful albums.

    Cheers

    G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to oblige Greta, I think they are wonderful too.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a lot of library in my collection, but you really got my attention with the 3 Peter Thomas entries! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'm glad to have any part in your library discovery, I don't know your taste but I'm positive there's a library record that will quench it.

      Delete
  4. thank you so much for posting this.
    have been trying to track down this volume
    for quite some time now but to no avail.
    really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, dying to hear something but no means to hear it, that's why I do this!

      Delete
  5. Cheers Chris for the upgrade

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a great site, Chris, and I'm grateful for all the shares. I wish we got this type of stuff in record stores and thrift bins where I am. If you're shelling out the bucks to buy it online, then a doubly big thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the props, I am shelling out the sometimes big bucks and trust me I wish I could find stuff like this at the thrift store too, haha, but realistically I've been educated more by the internet than anything else. The thrift store by my house even charges $30.00 for levis, even they use the internet to price things now.

      Delete
  7. thanx again Chris
    the golden ring rips are wUnderbar
    really appreciate your effort and the time taken to share these
    quick question about track A13 on this SOUND MUSIC ALBUM 4
    ive downloaded it thrice to be triply sure and found that (Schizostrings)
    on both the zip file and the soundcloud above have the 1st 60 seconds chopped
    would it be possible for you to do a re-do of just track 13 and post a fix when time permits ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are totally right, I don't know how that happened but I will post a fix ASAP, I'll let you know in the post when it's fixed. Thanks for the heads up

      Delete
  8. sounds great
    thanx yet again for the fix Chris
    looking forward to your new Peter Thomas ups

    ReplyDelete